Antler Dog Chews

Antler Dog Chews
Find great antler dog chews at our Etsy shop!

Monday, August 17, 2009

Zucchini, again?



I know, your probably all sick of zucchini, right? I swear, our plants are growing like crazy this year. We are getting so much zucchini I can barely keep up with it! Here is another way that I've made it this year. I usually just saute it in some butter with salt and pepper, but I decided to get a little more creative with it. This turned out really yummy! The bacon and mushrooms give it a nice flavor and this was a nice way to use up part of a purple onion that I had. You could use any color onion though. Enjoy!

Zucchini, again?

4 slices bacon, cut into strips
8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
4 cups sliced zucchini
½ onion, sliced (any color)
2 cloves garlic, minced
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
½ teaspoon dried parsley

In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Add in the remaining ingredients and cook, stirring frequently, until the vegetables are soft. Enjoy!

2 comments:

CrystalsCozyKitchen said...

That looks good... Anything with bacon has to be delicious, right?
Funny though, I haven't actually cooked with bacon since before my 5 month old was born. I need to change that!

Hunter Family said...

Wow! I found your blog after clicking around on Cafemom's LDS site. Thanks for the great recipe ideas. I'm adding you to my favorites! I can't wait to try some of these recipes!